Tonight is our Back To School night at 7. Mrs. McGee, Ms. Powell, and I will meet with parents in the multi-purpose room after the main PTA meeting is over. We look to give you some information about what we are doing this year. We hope to see you there!
If you haven't already, please sign up for class dojo. It is a great tool that we can use to work together so you get feedback about your child. If you haven't signed up a letter will come home in your child's bi-weekly folder tomorrow.
We will begin sending home bi-weekly graded paper folders tomorrow. There will be no math grades at this time, but there are a few for reading, social studies, and science. After this week, I typically take 1 math classwork grade and 1 math quiz or test grade a week.
We are working on Even, Odd, Prime, and Composite numbers. A good portion of our week was spent on learning divisibility rules. Please have your child learn these rules and use them to determine whether a number has factors or not. This is a great way to help them understand whether a number is prime or composite.
We will begin working with integers. Integers are all whole numbers that are either positive or negative.
Some concepts that your child will be learning include:
- As you go left on a number line, the numbers decrease.
- As you go right on a number line, the numbers increase
- Zero is neither positive nor negative.
- Absolute value is a number's distance away from zero on a number line and is always positive.
- Know whether a number is greater than or less than another number.